One of my favourite quotes of all time is “You did not wake up to be a mediocre”. The first time I saw this quote, I sort of had an epiphany that each day we still have the breath of life in us, we are not to take it for granted rather, we’re supposed to do something productive to count for that day. So for as long as you’re alive, you need to shake off that mediocrity attitude and improve on your self everyday. In today’s #mondayinspiration post, I’ll be sharing 8 ways to improve on yourself daily.
You’ll want to stick around for this one.
How was your weekend? I literally had one of the best weekends I’ve had in a long while. I received some goodies I won in a giveaway, and I also got a cute box of flowers from one of my blogger babes Larisa (details on that later in the week!)
So how can you improve on yourself everyday?
1) CHALLENGE YOURSELF: Push yourself a little more everyday, and set new standards as well. The more you stick to this particular routine, the more you improve on yourself .
2) LISTEN MORE, TALK LESS: By listening more and talking less, you stand a better chance of getting useful tips that could help you in pursuing a better lifestyle, that is assuming you’re hanging around goal getters. Besides, nobody likes a talkative.
3) WATCH TED TALKS: One of my favourite ways of staying inspired is by watching Tedtalks. These talks will make you see the things you’ve been doing wrong, and break down how you can do it right. They will make you see things in a different perspective which is what you might need to improve on yourself. Whenever you can, make time to watch some Tedtalks, and you’d be glad you did.
4) WRITE YOUR THOUGHTS DOWN: You already know that I’m an advocate for making use of a planner or goal book because they help you in sorting out your thoughts, literally. Writing your thoughts down allows you to visualize your goals constantly. By doing this, you can then make a decision on how you need to achieve them.
5) READ MOTIVATIONAL BOOKS: You know those kind of books that will make you bring out your pen and paper to start taking notes, or those ones that will make you get up immediately and do something productive just because the words hit you in the right places? Yeah I’m talking about those kind of books. Whether they’re e-books or hardcover, you need to stay motivated.
6) EAT RIGHT AND STAY HEALTHY: Your body is a temple, don’t destroy it by eating junks and unnecessary things that wont even help you. You want to improve on yourself? Pay attention to your body, invest in great food choices, and workout when necessary.
7) SLEEP WELL: When your sleep pattern begins to get messed up, it could lead to so many things and not being productive is one of them. How do you want to improve yourself when you’re not being productive? You need to sleep for at most 7-8 hours for you to wake up and be ready to take on the world. Don’t deprive yourself of sleep, it would only create more problems in the future.
8) LEARN SOMETHING NEW: Don’t be satisfied with your level of knowledge, go out and learn something new. There are tons of thing out there for you to learn, don’t wait till you become obsolete. Learn something new.
In what ways have you improved on yourself this year? Let’s talk in the comment section.
Enjoy your week.